Your local link to the Internet since 1995.
Access Orlando is no longer providing dial-up or ADSL Internet Access Services
How to FTP your web pages to your domain on Access Orlando
After you have created your own Web Page HTML and graphics,
you need to store it on Access Orlando's system. Your file is
available for viewing right away (you may have to hit the Reload
button to see it)
Also be sure to keep a backup copy of your web site. Access
Orlando periodically backs up the system, but, Access Orlando is
not responsible for any lost pages due to circumstances beyond
- For information on creating HTML web pages try the site 10 minute Guide to
HTML or The
beginners guide to HTML.
- FTP to Access Orlando's Web Server with the host name: www.ao.net NOT ftp.ao.net
( Help with popular FTP software can be found here
Please note that the upload instructions at this link are for personal websites,
this link is provided for software help only. Continue to follow these instructions
for domain site uploads. )
- Login with your user name and password. If you login as
anonymous, you will be in the wrong directory and you
will not have write capabilities.
- You will be in your home directory on the Web Server. (or the domain htdocs directory in some cases)
- Change directory to /www/yourdomain/htdocs/ (if your
domain name is mybusiness.com you would go to
- Transfer your HTML code and graphics to this directory.
- CGI's may be run on your domain. CGI programs should be
placed in /www/yourdomain/cgi-bin directory.
For information on using CGIs see The Common Gateway Interface
Comments or questions about this website?
Access Orlando 300 Sunport Lane, Orlando, Florida 32809
Copyright © 1995-2000 Access Orlando.
All Rights Reserved.