Your local link to the Internet since 1995.
Access Orlando is no longer providing dial-up or ADSL Internet Access Services
Eudora Lite 3.0.5
These instructions are based on the 3.0.5 Windows 95 version
of Eudora Light, but should be similar or the same for Windows
3.x and Macintosh versions.
While running Eudora Light 3.0.5:
- Click Tools from the top, then Options
- Click Getting Started in the category list
- Under POP account enter email@example.com
replacing username with your username
- Under Real name enter your real name (i.e.
- Under Return address enter your e-mail
address (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Under Connection Method make sure there's
a dot next to Winsock and that there's not
a check in Offline
- Click the Personal Information category
- Leave Dialup username blank, the other two
should be fine already
- Click the Hosts category
- Next to SMTP enter mail.ao.net
- Leave Ph and Finger blank
- Click the Checking Mail category
- Skip messages over XX K in size should not
- Send on check should be checked
- Save password should be checked
- Leave mail on server should not be checked
- Authentication style should be set to
- Click the Sending Mail category
- Under Domain to add to unqualified addresses
- Click the Advanced Network category (skip all categories
between it and Sending Mail)
- If you plan on sending and receiving large
attachments, or are currently having trouble
getting attachments with other e-mail software
set Network timeout after to 999,
otherwise leave it at 60 seconds.
- Click OK
To check for new messages, click File at the top, then Check
Mail. It will ask you to enter your password (the password you
provided when you signed up) the first time you check for mail,
but only the first time.
If you ever want to read about or upgrade Eudora Light you can
do so at http://www.eudora.com/.